Wednesday, January 22, 2014

God the Healer

I am so thankful for my PurityTalks team who travels with me to tell my story through beautiful and funny skits. I love each of their hearts. What a blessing it is to serve our God alongside of these girls! Last weekend we were at CornerStone Church in Akron, Ohio with about 100 other women and girls chatting about self image, dating, boys, sex, purity and God's grace. We watched as many ladies came forward to let God take over the junk in their lives. What a amazing thing that He does. He wants our junk, He wants us to give up our deepest secrets and let Him move in and through our lives. And He does move! A lot of times we just don't fully submit them over to Him. We hold on to them and are shameful and we continue to beat ourselves up over our pasts. But guess what? God is a God who saves! And He wants to heal your brokenness....right here, right now! Listen to this in Psalm 32:3-5
" When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through all my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. THEN I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, " I will confess my transgressions to the Lord." and you forgave the guilt of my sin."
Can I get an AMEN to that?? He desperately wants our hearts. He will fill you up in ways that are indescribable! He will fill any voids that this world may leave. He is the strength of your heart and your portion forever. He is all you need. Leave your past at His feet. Soak in His grace and love and be free my sisters!

0 comments: