Monday, September 27, 2010

I can't get no...satisfaction...

Okay so you might be a little young to remember this song"Satisfaction" but if you do remember...take a minute and sing it at the top of your lungs right now!

I can't get no...satisfaction...
but I try, I try, I try
I TRY-uh eye
I can't get no satisfaction...
no no no

you ever feel this way?
Like you are spinning your wheels just trying to get some satisfaction in life? But you never really seem to feel it?
You work hard at going to college to get a good degree to land the best job ever, then you land the best job ever, you make lots of hard earned cash, you spend your hard earned cash, you get the man/woman of your choice, you get that car you've always wanted, you change your wardrobe with every new trend, you buy the bigger house-because well, why would you want a smaller one? You go to fancy restaurants, you take fun vacations...you marry that man/woman that you've always dreamed of, you work out to get that amazing body...

although all these things are nice...they just don't seem to fill the void deep inside your heart.

Ever feel this way?

Ever desire something more?

Ever wonder if there is something out there that will SATISFY your deepest longing? Something that is far different than anything you've ever achieved or earned?

Is there something out there?

I know for me, I longed for it. I spent a lot of my life searching for something or someone to fill my void in my life. So, I filled it with fashion, and friends, activities, material stuff, boys....

Never felt satisfied.

Never.

Because nothing here, on this earth will EVER satisfy your deepest desires.

Wow. That's pretty harsh, you say. You are more than welcome to call me an idiot if you want.

But I know. I searched. I've been there. But end your search for satisfaction right now. You just won't find it in the places this world is telling you that you'll find it. It's just not here.

Listen to this....

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Col. 2:2

"you are always with me, you uphold me with your right hand, you guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you...

"and EARTH has NOTHING I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail but GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 76:23-26

This are the words that I found. This is the same God who kept whispering my name my whole life to come back to Him. I finally listened and am satisfied in Him. He fills me in ways that nothing or NO ONE could ever do. Is life perfect? Heck no! I still need to be reminded...but now I have this hope.

Are you listening to His whisper?

He is calling out to you.

And just so you know...nothing could ever separate you from His love. No past failures, no life long mistakes...no current mistakes...NOTHINg can separate you from His love. He just simply loves you...

0 comments: