Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Getting noticed

So there I was finally getting noticed. I was no longer that dorky girl with long stingy hair & glasses. From that point on I was never "boyfriendless" again. I dated a boy for awhile & when it didnt work out I started dating another boy. It was never really about them. It was about me. I liked that they paid attention to me, I liked that I felt beautiful, I liked getting flowers & holding hands in the hallways. It didnt matter WHO it was...it just mattered how it made ME feel.

My daughter is the perfect example of a little girl who longs to be admired. When she was four she would dance around the room in her little princess dress desiring her daddy's admiration & longing for a slow dance with the only man in her life. It was precious to see her face as he lifted her up in his arms. Her smile lit up & she had a loving look in her eyes. It's like she was saying,"He's noticed me, I am special."


0 comments: